Are you thinking of changing your lifestyle to a healthier one?
Changing your unhealthy habits may be the best thing you can do to improve your overall well-being.
Adopting a healthy lifestyle can protect you from obesity, high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease. Besides, a healthier lifestyle increases your energy levels, helping you deal better with life’s daily challenges.
While creating a healthy life may mean taking simple steps, such as exercising regularly or eating healthy foods. It might also mean taking less known initiatives, such as performing regular medical checkups with the help of bioresonance therapy equipment or even smiling more.
Benefits of a healthy lifestyle to become healthier
So, to help you adopt healthier habits, here are five different positive changes you can make to your lifestyle.
1. Eat Enough Fruits and Vegetables
You should get at least five servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
Moreover, always ensure that half your plate is filled with veggies during every meal. Also, strive to eat various fruits and veggies, as these will give you a broad range of nutrients.
For instance, red vegetables and fruits such as tomatoes, watermelon, and red bell peppers are rich in lycopene, decreasing your risk of getting prostate cancer. Orange veggies and fruits such as peaches, carrots, and sweet potatoes are rich in carotenoids, linked with lowering the risk of breast cancer.
On the other hand, yellow and green veggies and fruits have lots of lutein, an antioxidant.
Also Read: Dietary Menus and Adapting to Community Needs
2. Go For Regular Checkups
Going for regular medical checkups can help you avoid many illnesses or even catch a disease early. A full body checkup where you’re examined from head to toe makes you more aware of your health. Besides, your doctor will let you know what you need to do to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The best news is that today’s doctors often use painless and non-invasive methods, such as bioresonance therapy to do full body check-ups. Bioresonance therapy is safe for both babies and adults, and it uses the electromagnetic waves it receives from your body to diagnose and treat diseases. Patients interested in this therapy can also buy their bioresonance machines to use at home.
3. Get a Good Night’s Rest
Getting a good night’s rest is good for your physical and mental health. When you’re well-rested, you’ll find it easier to cope with stress. Getting enough sleep can also help control your appetite.
Besides, a good night’s sleep can lower your risk of suffering from chronic ailments, such as high blood pressure and hypertension.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, you should aim to get at least seven to nine hours of sleep each night.
If you’re finding it difficult to get some shut-eye, reduce your screen time before sleep or exercise just before you go to bed.
4. Smile More
Smiling makes you happier, and there is scientific evidence to back it up.
When you smile, your facial muscles release the feel-good hormone-endorphin, which triggers positive results in your body and reduces stress.
In fact, your smile doesn’t have to be real to work. A fake smile, according to some researchers, is as good as a genuine smile when it comes to reducing stress.
Other health benefits of smiling include:
- It can boost your immune system
- Smiling can lengthen your lifespan
- A smile improves your mood
- Smiling makes you more approachable
- Smiling can also change the mood of others
5. Exercise and Exercise Some More
Most of us know that exercising regularly is good for our health. As noted by the American Heart Association, engaging in half an hour of moderate exercise for at least five days weekly will help you lose weight and improve your mental well-being.
The good news is that you don’t have to run a marathon to enjoy the benefits of exercise. Simple activities such as taking a walk, doing chores, or playing a game with your family will increase your daily movement.
Tips on How to Adopt A Healthier Lifestyle
If you’re finding it a struggle to make healthy changes in your life, here are tips that can help you succeed.
- Set a goal: You’re more likely to succeed if you have a goal and a plan to achieve it. So go on and set a goal.
- Pick an attainable goal: It’s good to set a realistic goal. For instance, if you want to exercise more, choose an activity that fits into your lifestyle, such as walking your dog every day if you have a pet.
- Do away with obstacles: What is preventing you from achieving your goal? Maybe you want to eat healthy foods, but your fridge is stocked with unhealthy foods. Pinpoint the obstacles that are making it harder for you to achieve your goal and come up with ways to eliminate them.
- Commitment is important: Be clear about the change you’ve chosen, and have one or two accountability partners. You can also write the change down and why this change matters to you.
- Reward yourself for a job well done: Choose to treat yourself once you have achieved the change you desire. Knowing there is a reward once you succeed can motivate you to soldier on despite challenges.
In closing, get inspired to start healthy living today. If you’re at the stage where you’re thinking of living healthy, it’s time to take a leap of faith and take action.