Stuck indoors? Cannot visit your nearest spa? Is anxiety messing with your beautiful skin? Have no fear – DIY face masks are here!
For maintaining healthy skin, your daily routine must include different products. Some of them are extremely expensive and may come with undesired side effects. Do-it-yourself face masks or DIY face masks for short are homemade recipes of natural ingredients. They can serve as the perfect treatment for various skincare problems.
The correct face mask recipe can help rejuvenate the skin, remove excess oils, and even help clear clogged pores and blackheads. You can use a face mask once a week, or more, depending on your skincare concerns. Likewise, the best part is that it gives a feeling of being pampered at the spa but in the comfort of your own home!
Do DIY Face Masks Actually Work?
Both men and women can enjoy the benefits of a face mask. If you follow the remedies precisely, DIY face masks can be the ultimate saviors for all your skin problems.
A recipe takes almost a minute to prepare, and you will witness the results instantly. Whether you are concerned with oily skin or having a rather nasty breakout of blackheads or acne, there is a DIY face mask recipe, just right for you.
Also, face masks are very therapeutic; infused with aromatic oils, a face mask can help uplift your spirits. By stimulating your senses, its not only relaxes the mind and body but also leaves your skin looking remarkable.
Hand-Picked Content: How To Stay Happy: A Charming Gesture Sure to Enhance Your Lifestyle!
However, before you start whipping up ingredients that you have seen on the internet, I advise you to proceed with caution. Not everything available in your pantry will work wonders on your skin. Do a patch test on a small area of your skin before applying the entire face mask.
Avoid ingredients you are or could be allergic to. Those suffering from pre-existing skin problems, I recommend avoiding the use of homemade face masks altogether.
7 Quick And Easy DIY Face Masks For Glowing Skin
There are recipes here for oily skin, blackheads, exfoliation, and more – using ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen!
1. Banana Face Mask
Bananas are an all-natural alternative to skin moisturizers and softeners. Additionally, rich in vitamins like B6, B12, and minerals, this readily available fruit is essential for healthy and glowing skin.
- Mash a medium-sized ripe banana to form a smooth paste.
- Smoothly apply the paste to your face and neck.
- Let it stay for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- After that, rinse off with cold water.
2. Cocoa, Avocado and Honey Hydration Mask
Cocoa is an amazing antioxidant that soothes the skin. Avocado has hydrating properties. And honey is a well-known antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. Here’s how to mix these three shining stars to form the perfect DIY face mask.
- Mash one-quarter of the avocado in a bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of cocoa powder and one tablespoon of honey. Mix and blend well.
- And apply the mask on clean, dry skin. Rest it on for up to 10 minutes.
- Afterward, rinse with warm water.
3. Milk and Honey Face Mask
Milk and honey are considered to be good for age-delaying effects on the skin. This moisturizing face mask made up of both ingredients is appropriate for every skin type particularly favorable for dry skin.
- First of all, blend the honey and milk in the bowl to form a thick texture.
- Then heat the bowl into the microwave oven for a few seconds. But the mixture should not be too hot.
- Use a brush to apply the mask to your skin.
- Let the mask stay for at least 15 minutes.
- After that, wash your face with cool water to get excellent results.
4. Yogurt and Orange Face Mask
If you are looking for a quick way to revitalize dull skin, look no further. Moreover, cleanse your skin and pores using yogurt in your DIY face masks!
- Mix one teaspoon of plain yogurt with juice from one-fourth slice of orange.
- Also, add some orange pulp and a teaspoon of aloe Vera to the mixture (optional).
- Leave on for about 5 minutes.
- Afterward, rinse with warm water.
5. Honey and Baking Soda Exfoliating Mask
I highly recommend this easy-to-make face mask for skin breakouts due to its antimicrobial and anti-fungal ingredients. Furthermore, baking soda works wonders in absorbing excess oils while moderately exfoliating the skin.
- Blend one tablespoon raw honey and 1 teaspoon baking soda to form a paste.
- Also, mix one teaspoon coconut oil (optional) for extra moisturizing properties.
- Then apply on the face and rub in slow, circular motions for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- And leave on for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash out with lukewarm water.
6. Egg and Lemon/Honey/Vaseline Face Mask
Eggs are essentially the handiest item in the kitchen. If you are struggling with excessively dry skin, this is also the face mask for you.
- Separate an egg and beat the yolk.
- For oily skin, use only the egg white. For normal skin, use the whole egg and add a bit of honey or lemon for better results.
- Apply the mixture on your face and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
For crystal clear skin
- Take a small amount of Vaseline and mix with egg yolk and blend well.
- Apply onto your face and leave for 15 minutes.
- Then rinse off with warm water.
7. Mayonnaise Face Masks
Instead of wasting money on expensive skin products, try to use whole-egg mayonnaise from your refrigerator for that ultimate spa experience, and naturally smooth skin.
- Gently spread the mayonnaise over your face.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Wipe it off and rinse with cool water.
DIY Face Masks for Acne
Acne is a skin ailment that occurs when hair follicles clog with dead skin cells and oil. Acne often leads to whiteheads, pimples, and blackheads, most commonly occurring on the face, forehead, upper back, chest, and shoulders.
Early treatment can lower the risk of aggravation and skin scarring, but remember that acne can be persistent. The pimples and bumps heal gradually, and others can quickly form to take their place.
Other than hydrating and exfoliating, face masks are very effective in treating all kinds of acne. Whether it is occasional breakouts or a chronic issue! Acne fighting face masks prevent breakouts by balancing excessive oil production.
Additionally, spot treating acne using DIY face masks for the occasional pimple helps reduce inflammation and kills bacteria without affecting the clear areas of your skin.
Here are 3 simple DIY face masks specifically meant to clear acne and make your skin smooth, soft and blemish-free.
1. Coconut Oil and Oatmeal Face Mask
Coconut oil has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, thus making it the ideal choice for treating acne. Also, add the soothing and pH-balancing oatmeal, and you have the perfect recipe.
Here’s how to make and use this natural acne treatment:
- Add 3 tablespoons of oatmeal to a mixing bowl.
- Put on one-fourth cup of warm water and mix until paste forms.
- Later, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and mix well.
- Clean your face and neck with warm water and cleanse your face and open pores.
- Put in the mixture to your face and neck and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, gently massage your face in circular motions for about 2 minutes. This will help remove dead cells too.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
2. Turmeric Face Mask
DIY face masks that use turmeric are naturally antibacterial and antiseptic and work amazingly well for soothing acne-related inflammation.
- Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with 1 tablespoon of raw honey.
- Put in organic apple cider vinegar to a cotton ball and wipe all over your face. Then wait for 5 minutes and apply the mask. But it might be dangerous for most skin types so first apply on a little part of the skin.
- Let the mask rest for about 15 to 20 minutes and finally, rinse with warm water.
- If the turmeric leaves a yellowish color on the skin, clean the areas with a milk-soaked cotton ball.
3. Charcoal and Aloe Face Mask
Charcoal works great to absorb excess oil, and aloe Vera is naturally soothing and anti-inflammatory. Combine them both and you have the ultimate DIY face mask for acne.
- Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon activated charcoal, 1 tablespoon aloe Vera gel, and 1 tablespoon tea tree oil (optional) in a small bowl.
- Then apply to the face in a circular motion for about 1 minute. And let it rest for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash out with warm water.
Introduce DIY face masks to your skincare routine and enjoy a few relaxing minutes of skin rejuvenation every week. After some weeks, you will feel and notice that your skin has transformed and improved. Use these easy-to-make all-natural DIY face masks once or twice a week for best results. Have a fabulous spa day!
Also Read Best Sunglasses for Women – A Perfect Style Guide!