In a world where everyone idealizes a perfectly chiseled jawline, many are struggling with a double chin. Though it presents no serious medical hazards directly, it does make you look awkward. Your psychological strength diminishes itself gradually and you may lose your self-confidence to face the world confidently. So, it is wise to know everything about how to get rid of a double chin appropriately. This article will prove to be a great help in this regard.
What Is A Double Chin?
It is the excessive accumulation of fat below the lower jaw. The jawline, hence, loses its proper demarcation and gets buried under the heap of fat.
What Are The Causes Of A Double Chin?
Although it always seems to be a result of obesity, a double chin is not associated with this alone. Below are the contributing reasons:
1. Above Average Weight
It is the leading cause of having a double chin. When a body has surplus calories, it starts to convert them into fat. The fat is then stored underneath the skin and on the internal organs. When this fat gets accumulated in the submental (below the jaw) area, it causes the formation of a double chin.
Like many other conditions, this could also simply be a result of inheriting the genes causing less elastic skin. Low skin elasticity leads to the hanging of skin and forming an additional layer below the jaw.
3. Poor Posture
You are an ideal candidate for a double chin if you do not keep your head in a proper position. Too much bending of the neck causes the loosening of neck muscles and, hence, a double chin makes its way.
How Would A Double Chin Affect Me?
The major effect of this condition is to have low self-esteem as no one likes to have such a look. So, it majorly impacts one psychologically. However, if you have it just because of obesity and poor posture, you are at risk of many other complications. For example, poor posture may cause kyphosis. Furthermore, if your weight is above the average limit, you are prone to:
How To Get Rid Of A Double Chin Without Surgery?
Just like it happens in the case of a pinched nerve in your leg or hip where the prognosis of treatment is high, there are many ways to get rid of a double chin fast and easily even at home. However, the very first step is to determine its cause. We are going to share the maximum ways of getting rid of double chin naturally. But, remember, how to get rid of a double chin overnight is never possible without surgical treatment.
1. Reduce Weight
If your body weight is above the ideal weight, you should lose some pounds to get a better look. Hold on! We are not asking you to starve. All you need is to keep track of your calories and eat a moderate amount.
- Try to eat more vegetables and fruits.
- Reduce the intake of junk food and refined carbohydrates.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Exercise on daily basis. Joining a gym can help you get into a routine.
2. Improve Your Posture
If you are too much in the habit of bending your neck forward, then it is time to work on your posture. Do not bend your neck too much or lean your back a lot. Try to sit on a comfortable chair supporting your back and keep your head straight. You can make your body flexible if you undertake some yoga exercises regularly.
3. Chewing Gum
It puts neck muscles as well as jaw muscles to work and, hence, helps in burning a little fat. You should keep in mind that this will not do a miracle but only help a little. Another effect of chewing gum is that chewing signals to the brain that the stomach is getting filled. Hence, it might create a sense of satiety and decrease overall calorie intake. Make sure that you grab sugar-free gum for this purpose.
4. Chin Workouts – One Way How To Get Rid Of Double Chin Quickly
The most important thing is to involve the whole body in some exercise. However, some simple chin workouts can reduce double chin. We will discuss some here.
- Sit while keeping your back straight. Bend your neck backward. Bring your lips in a kissing position and pretend to kiss the roof for 10 seconds. Then bring your head back to the neutral position. Repeat this for 5 minutes on daily basis.
- Take an 8-10 inches ball and keep it under the chin. Now press on the ball with your chin and hold for 10 seconds. Repeat the process almost 25 times daily.
- Sit and keep your back straight. Bend your head backward and push your lower jaw forwards. Keep the position for 10 seconds and then bring your head into the resting position. Repeat this 10 times. Then turn your head towards left and right and repeat the same stretches with the same frequency on both sides.
- While sitting in a comfortable position, move your head slowly in a circular manner. Move-in the clockwise direction for 8-10 seconds and then in the counter-clockwise direction for a similar duration. Rest for 10 seconds and repeat the exercise for around 5 minutes every day. Make sure that you do not have vertigo or any other balance disorder. In case of having such an ailment, do not try this exercise.
5. Applying Skin Tightening Products
There are a lot of organic products that can be applied to the face and neck in order to get rid of a double chin. We are going to share a few with you.
- Eggs are readily available in every house. Take one egg white and beat it. Now wash your face with soap and water followed by drying. Apply the mask to your face and neck with the help of a small cotton ball. Leave it to dry. Then wash it thoroughly with plain water. Ensure no facial movements during this. Use this on daily basis to help your skin get tightened.
- Take 2 tablespoons of ground coffee in a bowl and add water to make a thick paste. Apply over the face and neck with an applicator and wash after it dries out.
- Ready-made peel-off masks are also a good choice.
6. Facial massages
A good facial massage, on one hand, will make your skin glow. On the other hand, it will help in the tightening of your muscles and skin.
Surgical Treatment for Double Chin
Your mind might raise a question, how to get rid of a double chin overnight? The answer is nothing but through surgery. There are the following techniques for this:
- Liposuction involves the removal of excess fat from under the skin.
- Neck-lift surgery removes the extra skin on the neck and tightens the muscles in order to get the face in shape.
- Sub-Mentoplasty consists of a combination of skin liposuction and muscle tightening by giving a small incision.
Hence, undergoing a surgical procedure is the only way to learn how to get rid of a double chin overnight.
It requires patience and a slow and steady approach to learn how to get rid of a double chin overnight. Make sure that you get rid of it appropriately. You may give a totally different look when you are without a double chin. As a consequence, your self-esteem will grow high and your personality will shine wherever you go.