Invisible braces work as an aid for your misaligned teeth. Having teeth that are not aligned perfectly might need your attention. At such instance, what you should do is to create a clear mindset about how inconvenient this might be for you. It is time to make a plan regarding the need for clear aligners. Moreover, educate yourself about this aid’s major factors to avoid any sort of unnecessary hassle.
Why Are these Teeth Aligners Called Invisible Braces
Such teeth braces that offer assistance in terms of aligning crooked or irregular-shaped teeth while they are invisible to other people are known as Invisible Braces. It has many other terms such as clear aligners, clear teeth straighteners, or transparent or clear braces. One of the basic properties that come with using clear braces is that they are not visible to the onlookers. Being transparent, one can not notice if you’re even wearing a set of braces or not. However, this is not possible with a regular or conventional set of metal braces.
How do Invisible Braces Work?
Aligners which are also known as invisible braces (one of the types of teeth braces) work in such a way that they gradually straighten your teeth. Your teeth can be perfectly aligned if you wear each teeth aligner for 2 weeks. What happens is that your teeth slowly get aligned after the process of shifting teeth by 0.3mm with the help of each teeth aligner. This gradual process changes a set of misaligned teeth into the ideal ones.
Aligners, like other types of teeth braces, work by gradually shifting teeth into the ideal position, making your teeth straight.
Which Type of Clear Aligners Will Suit You Best
Below is the list of all sorts of clear aligners which will help you ensure the best invisible braces for yourself:
1. Clear Teeth Straighteners or Invisible Braces
The best invisible braces for use, clear teeth aligners can help you in positioning your teeth most effectively! Basically, these teeth aligners comprise plastic aligners which are known as trays. The main purpose of these trays is to rectify the misaligned position of your teeth. Even though these trays are not entirely see-through, still they are made of the newest technology. It is to provide you with a barely noticeable view of your braces.
These clear aligners can help you in treating:
- Unwanted gaps are present between the teeth.
- Problems are relevant to overbite and underbite.
- Crooked or misaligned teeth.
It has been evident that the use of invisible braces is effective in 90% of orthodontic cases. Although the clear aligners’ trays can prove to be slightly uncomfortable at an initial stage. There is little to no pain throughout the treatment including clear teeth aligners. In addition to that, Texas A&M University released a thesis recently. It proves that the treatment which includes clear aligners is far more comfortable than that of traditional braces.
2. Ceramic Braces
This type of teeth aligners can prove to be “almost invisible”. However, they are not as clear or transparent as other invisible braces. Although, they are not as transparent, yet the chances of people even noticing them are really low. Their efficiency is comparatively lower as compared to that of traditional teeth aligners and invisible braces.
Due to a particular reason, using ceramic braces, one can be going through mild difficulty while moving their teeth if they are wearing ceramic aligners. The reason is that ceramic braces comprise brackets while each bracket is a little bigger in terms of size. They almost work the same traditional teeth straighteners. But at times they can be discomforting given how they constantly poke under the lip. You will not experience the same using metal and invisible braces. However, using ceramic braces can be a good option for many people. Especially, for those who think it would be a hectic job doing teeth aligners trays in and out. Besides, it can be effective in terms of teeth alignment.
3. Inside Teeth Aligners
Another type of nearly invisible braces, inside clear aligners, can be very effective. Especially if you’d like to prevent your braces from being noticeable. Although, this type of technology helps you in hiding your braces. Yet it comes with a couple of drawbacks that can disturb to some extent. Below are some of its disadvantages:
- First off, such types of braces can end up in a bunch once they are put behind the teeth. This can prove to be problematic if there isn’t enough availability of wire to stay between each bracket.
- Secondly, it can be relatively hard for the dentist to gain access to the inside braces. Ultimately, it will take more time to adjust such teeth aligners. Hence, this procedure can be time consuming.
- Then comes the cost factor as this treatment can be more expensive if you compare it with others.
- Lastly, wearing such clear aligners, you may feel oral discomfort.
What is the Average Time of Each Treatment?
The period of each treatment completely relies upon your orthodontic condition. Moreover, it also includes which type of invisible aligners you are using. If you consider the average time here, a specific patient would wear invisible aligners for 9-24 months.
On the other hand, if you talk about the fastest teeth aligning treatment, traditional braces and clear aligners are the best options to consider. The general estimation of aligner treatment is no longer than 12 months. After that comes the ceramic aligners as the second-most efficient teeth straighteners. Furthermore ceramic comes inside the least-most efficient braces.
Invisible Braces – A Better Choice
Once you start using clear aligners, you will get to know that the basic purpose behind this aid is the same as that of traditional braces. The main purpose of this treatment is to reposition your teeth in the perfect place. If that is exactly what you are looking for, then it is better to opt for clear teeth straighteners.
Clear aligners come with the option of removing while the conventional braces do not offer you this possibility. With the use of the best invisible braces, you can remove and put the braces back on per your needs. So, if you are looking for a source of comfort while having consistent aid, clear teeth straighteners are a great option.
Key pointers for choosing your braces
Below are the key pointers based on why choosing a set of invisible braces is better:
- There is no particular need to go through a dietary change if you are using invisible braces. This is one of the biggest reasons why invisible braces are better than traditional ones. In the case of wearing the metal braces, you will have a restriction in regards to the consumption of a certain diet. For instance, crusty food such as pizza crust and popcorn should not be in your diet. In case of using normal braces while you are free to eat anything in case of the clear aligners. The reason why you can’t eat crusty food with metal braces on is that it might get stuck in the braces or cause damage to them.
- American Association of Orthodontics conducted a study according to which it is evident that not only teenagers but 25% of adults wear braces too. Keeping this in view, there are other important factors about why you should be preferring clear teeth straighteners. There might be people who think that it is damaging their self confidence if they wear metal or normal braces. In other cases, some people may feel nervous wearing traditional braces because people might notice them. The all time solution to this is the use of invisible braces as they are completely unnoticeable.
- In addition, there is no extravagant need to pay so many visits to your dentist with the use of invisible braces. If you are using traditional braces, it is going to be hectic for you as it will require your dentist to maintain a regular check and balance. Therefore, using traditional aid proves to be time consuming and full of hassle. Besides, it can be generally disturbing to your daily routine.
Some Bad Side Effects of This Treatment
The benefits of clear aligners definitely make them worthwhile. However, using a set of invisible braces can act as a double-edged sword. There are some of the potential setbacks that patients who use clear teeth straighteners may go through, so let us discuss them.
1. Gum Reactions (Allergy)
Even though gum allergies can be really rare in patients using invisible braces. Yet it can be a source of discomfort whenever it happens. Such types of allergies carry mild effects. For instance, even if you get allergic to the material that these braces are of, you won’t be facing severe allergic reactions. However, your gum may feel irritation to an extent. Getting rid of such irritation can be easy and quick if you contact your dentists timely.
Headache is another discomforting experience that some of the patients face. Most of the time, individuals get over these headaches within the initial stage of their treatment by taking appropriate measures. The reason why people face headaches is the pressure that braces induce on the teeth. As they are not used to feeling such sort of oral pressure for a long while. It further leads to them feeling headaches. However, this does not occur on a usual basis.
3. Possibility of Feeling Sore
Using clear teeth straighteners, individuals can feel soreness in their mouth before getting accustomed to invisible braces. As mentioned above, constant oral pressure can lead to individuals feeling discomfort in their mouths. In such cases, braces users can seek medical assistance from their dentists. However, the type of mouth soreness patients feels using clear aligners is less than the conventional aligners.
4. Increased Treatment Period
Having the option of removing these braces can be beneficial. However, the requirement is to wear teeth aligners most of the time. According to the rule of thumb, almost every dentist advises his patient to keep wearing these braces for at least 20 hours a day.
You have to remove your invisible aligners to do certain things throughout the day. It includes eating, drinking certain beverages, brushing, flossing, and cleaning your aligners. As the use of clear aligners demands more wearing time, you must be careful regarding the times you take them off. It is important for the aligners and the sake of your treatment.
5. Drop-in Weight
There are reports that many people can experience weight loss after the treatment with invisible braces. This happens because certain individuals eat comparatively lesser than usual. It is to omit to brush their teeth or clean their braces due to food stuck in it. While some people find it a great problem, others may use the side effect of invisible braces as an opportunity to lose weight.
In addition to that, you might be facing noticeable weight loss throughout the invisible braces’ treatment. The pro advice here is to gain consultation from a professional nutritionist. He/she can tell you ways to maintain a healthy balance in physical appearance. On a side note, increasing protein intake can help to a great extent. For instance, a protein shake as an add-on to your daily meal will work wonders!
What should be the Final Decision?
The provision of invisible aligners treatment came into existence in the marketplace in the year of 1997. And ever since the launch of this orthodontic treatment, everything has completely changed. There are approximately 6.4 million individuals around the world who have experienced invisible aligners’ treatment till today. Among those individuals, around 1.5 million teenagers are using this treatment.
Conclusively, it is advised that among all the options listed above, you should take a look at invisible braces reviews. You must make sure whether the treatment you’re opting for is right for you or not. Before hastily choosing a certain type of braces, you should be aware of the fastest and easiest possible ways which may suit your unique orthodontic situation.